Some decisions were made today both during and after Council (by staff) that will hopefully help residents during this time. I explain it all in the videos, but here’s an overview as well:
1) All billings with due dates during the time the municipal office is closed will be deferred to the end of the month following the opening of the municipal office to the public
2) Penalties and interest charges that would have been charged between March 16th and the end of the month following the reopening of the municipal office to the public will be cancelled
3) Municipal tenants rents will be reversed from Mar 15-31st and cancelled until such time the municipal buildings are open to the public
4) Water disconnect procedures will be deferred until the end of the month following the reopening of the municipal office
5) Payments under tax and/or water/wastewater under the pre-authorized plan that are returned NSF will not be charged the $35 service charge or any penalties if processed while the municipal office is closed
6) The Thames Centre Landfill will open regular hours, but will ONLY ACCEPT construction materials and yard waste.
7) *** ALL HOMES/BUSINESSES CAN PUT OUT ONE BAG OF GARBAGE WITH NO BAG TAG EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY. Any bags over the one bag, will require a bag tag. Essentially, you get one free bag of garbage for the duration of the state of emergency**