Updated: Apr 7, 2020
** UPDATE - On Friday April 3, 2020, Premier Doug Ford increased the list of businesses that can remain open. The list went from 74 businesses to 42. You can find the full list here. Many local businesses continue to remain open with restrictions. The list is substantial to create, so please contact the business directly for their business hours and any restrictions. Please do not rely on the list below, as that was prior to March 24th. I will update if possible and make note if it is updated.
If you are a business and not sure if you are able to stay open, please call the number here:
*Update: As of March 24, 2020 at 11:59pm, all non-essential businesses in Ontario must close their doors for a minimum of 14 days. The list of essential businesses can be found here. This list may change dramatically each day as things progress. I will do my best to keep this updated as much as I can, but please contact the store directly to verify they are open.*
As we make our way through Covid-19, it is going to be a tough time for our local businesses, so please find a way to support them! Remember, they are our friends, family and neighbours! I will be keeping an updated list here of who is open and what they are offering, so when you need supplies please consider using one of our local businesses.
1) Mill Pond Tap and Grill - will be open for take out starting on Thursday March 19th from 12-2pm and 5-8pm. Full menu available. Call during those hours - 519-202-0677.
2) Healthy Lifestyle Store - Remains Open for March. Open Tues-Fri from 12-4:30pm and Saturday from 10am-1pm. Call 519-268-7551 for free home delivery.
3) Dorchester Veterinary Hospital - Continue to remain open but ask clients who have travelled recently to a high-risk country, had any exposure to symptomatic or confirmed cases or confirmed positive themselves not to bring their pets to the hospital. They have implemented further precautions for the best interest of their clients and community.
4) Dorchester Optometry - not seeing regular patients, but doctors are available for urgent eye care. Call their office to triage your situation. You can book routine eye exams on their web booking portal for after March 29th.
5) Stefanie McLeod runs a home hair studio which will remain open, strictly by appointment only. Call or text 519-709-4236 to book an appointment.
6) My Pets Spot Grooming and Pet Care will remain open. Day care and boarding will continue as well. Call 519-268-8885 to book an appointment.
7) Ace Hardware - Thorndale will remain open, and are offering home delivery to anyone who needs it.
8) Thorndale Family Restaurant - open for take out. Call 519-461-0420
9) Fun Family Shows Entertainment Co is offering gift certificates for future bookings.
10) Dorchester Pet Care (dorchesterpetcare.com) is open and offering free local delivery. Paul says "pets do not need to go hungry!".
11) Thorndale Farm Supplies is open and has fresh eggs, Norpac Meat products and Brights cheese to offer!
12) Lind Lumber - starting on March 23rd, no customers will be accepted in the store. However, they will be offering free delivery and scheduled pick ups. All communications must be done over the phone or by email. All transactions will be by credit card or on account. Call 519-268-7383 or email Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
13) The Market on King is open on its regular hours. They have picked up a few items they normally don't carry, so if you are low on something, feel free to pop in or text to confirm supplies. Lots of meat in stock, but there is a $100 limit to ensure everybody has enough to get them through. Asking neighbours and friends to pick up supplies for others if they need it. Full lunch is no longer available, but soups are on Thursdays and Fridays. Call 519-461-0910.
14) Sassy's remains open, and has stocked up on all their supplies. Bread inventory has been increased, but if you want to order large amounts, please call to place and order. Lots of meat, milk, cheeses, fresh produce and take-out is still available. Please call ahead to order take-out if possible. Leave your travel mugs and shopping bags at home. If you are in self-isolation and need groceries, please call Sassy's and they will arrange a safe way to get them to you. 519-461-1234
15) TC Brewing Company remains open for take-out only. If you don't want to come in, call ahead and they will deliver to your car! 519-268-7515
16) Town and Country Pizza is open for take-out - call 519-268-7515. Delivery available Friday and Saturdays from 3-8pm.
17) Little Caesars Pizza in Dorchester remains open for you! 519-268-5555
18) Edible Acres - have started an online shop! Visit www.edibleacresfarm.square.site. Call 519-520-0175 if you need assistance.
19) Belinda Clements Photography as postponed services, but still offers prints, cards and canvases. Visit www.facebook.com/belindajclementsphotography.
20) Pine Knot Golf and Country Club - golf course is open for play, golf simulator is also open. Mulligan's Pub is open for TAKE-OUT only. Course food delivery is open for any orders placed through GPS carts. **NEW** Free delivery is also available from 11am-7pm for homes and businesses in Dorchester, Putnam and Mossley. Call the pub directly at 519-268-2986.
21) Good Family Foods Retail Outlet (Whitecrest Mushrooms Ltd) is open and offers local products from mushrooms, leafy greens, goat cheese, honey, frozen meat and mushroom products. Open Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm
22) Plover Mills Produce is open and continue deliveries to local stores. They have also put a cooler outside the greenhouse where you can pick up orders that you place through contacting them directly. Call 519-301-3316 or email email@example.com
23) Apple Land Station will be open Friday from 9-5 and Saturday from 9-4. Gala, Golden Delicious and Mutsu apples are available, as well as fresh baked pies and biscuits. The freezer is also stocked with scratch made soups, meat pies, fruit pies, biscuits and krisps. Shelves are stocked with dry soup mixes, bread mixes, jams, jellies, pickes, pepperettes and assorted gourmet food items, and there is always an assortment of bath and body products.
24) Alberta's Restaurant is open the rest of the week from 3-7pm with a limited takeout menu. Call for details - 519-268-0101.
25) Foodland - Dorchester is open. ** NEW** Effective Friday March 20th, Foodland will be offering free in town delivery service for seniors, or those self-isolating for 2 weeks. Delivery will be offered Mon-Fri from 8-4:30. All orders are asked to be called or emailed into the store between 8am-12noon, along with credit card information (no cash please). They will do their best to fill your order accurately, however, they cannot guarantee all items will be in stock. Once orders are picked, delivery will be completed between the hours of 12-4:30pm (approximately). All deliveries will be dropped off on front step with receipt. Please call 519-268-7317 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
26) Top of the Hill Shell in Dorchester will remain open offering full serve gasoline, diesel, propane refuelling and a self serve car wash. Temporary hours starting on March 21st will be Mon-Fri 7am-7pm, Sat and Sun from 9am-5pm until further notice.
27) Bank of Montreal in Thorndale now has reduced hours. It will be open from 10-3 Mon-Fri, closed Saturday and Sunday.
28) Printers Plus will be closed to the public. If you have something to pick up, you may contact them to make arrangements. Payments can be made via phone or email (etransfer). If you have any questions, call 519-268-2668 or email: email@example.com
The following businesses have closed, so *please*(please, please!) keep them in mind and support them once we have made it through this!
1) Bella Vita Spa (Thorndale)
2) Heeman's - closed to walk-in guests. Product available online - call 519-461-1416 for help over the phone.
3) Phoenix Hair and Nails Spa
4) Backroad Beauty Bar
5) Donnybrook Legion Branch 513
6) TD Bank - Dorchester Branch
7) Fat Olive